WELCOME TO BIBLICAL PROBLEM SOLVERS.COM
Christian Counselors You Can Trust
Unleashing the Power of Biblical Problem Solving
The Power of the Word
Dr. Barry Dailey
Life experiences can be categorized in simple terms as problems and solutions. Think about it, the glass we use to drink water is a solution to the problem of having to drink water with our cupped hand and losing a large amount of water in the process. Medicine is one solution to the problem of sickness. Watch the news on the television and you will quickly see all sorts of problems and flawed solutions this world is churning out at an alarming rate. Whether we are well prepared or not, we are all problem solvers as we are constantly responding to problems and seeking solutions for ourselves, our families, and others within our sphere of influence. Choices we make will either resolve or exacerbate our problems. All Christians should be champion biblical problem solvers because, as God’s people, it is in our DNA to be overcomers in a world that seems to be going sideways.
Biblical problem solving is the effective, God–honoring approach to solving life challenges. In simple terms, it is seeing and solving problems, God’s way. Over the next several articles, I will take readers through key principles from my book Unleashing the Power of Biblical Problem Solving: Overcoming Life Obstacles in Pursuit of the Abundant Life (Objectives of these articles are three-fold. Using the acronym CPR, they will:
1. Challenge you to think biblically so that you will grow in the knowledge of Jesus and gain everything for life and godliness. 2 Peter 1:3 (KJV) "According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:"
2. Prepare you to resist the thief and appropriate life in abundance through Jesus Christ. John 10:10 (NKJV) " The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly."
3. Release you to be a champion Biblical Problem Solver so that you can serve in the power of the Holy Spirit. Mark 16:15-18 (NKJV) " And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover."
The Power of the Word
Having a solid grasp of God’s Word is foundational to Biblical Problem Solving. When we comprehend and obey God’s Word we have everything needed to overcome every challenge and live victoriously for God’s glory. In the Greek, the Word is described as Logos, Rhema and Graphe. Logos is the mind, will and heart of God. Jesus is the Logos of God, became flesh and dwelled among us. Therefore, the Word is a person. John 1:1 (NKJV) " In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." Rhema is the spoken Word of God. It can be spoken audibly or into our spirit. The Rhema Word brings revelation and can be used as a spiritual weapon. Ephesians 6:17 (NKJV) "And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. "Graphe is the Word which is the God–breathed and inspired scriptures that we read (the Bible). 2 Timothy 3:16-17 (NKJV) " All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work."
To appropriate the fullness of the Word and walk in total power, we must;
1) Know the Word – the person of Jesus (Logos) who dwells in us as the Holy Spirit
2) Hear and speak the Word (Rhema)
3) Read and obey the Word (Graphe).
The Bible is the infallible, inerrant and timeless Word of God. Champion biblical problem solvers apply the fullness of the Word to systematically conceptualize and effectively address every life obstacle, whether they are physical, emotional, or spiritual. We fall short in appropriating the fullness of God’s power when we do not emphasize the total Word.
A 2016 study by the Barna Group concludes that 73% of Americans identify as Christian, yet only 33% believe the Bible is totally accurate in all the principles it teaches. The Barna Group also found that only 14% read the Bible four or more times each week (Barna Group Inc. 2016). Paul’s counsel to Timothy in 2 Timothy 3:16 is the inspired scripture brings us to completion. We are incomplete without Graphe. The findings of the Barna Group may explain why we face so many problems without remedy.
Biblical Problem Solving starts and ends with the Word of God. What is your attitude toward the Word? Do you believe the veracity of the Word? Do you read the Word daily? Do you obey the Word? If you answer yes to these questions, then you have what it takes to be a champion biblical problem solver.